B-Log: My HDR experience
Read the full article about my first HDR experience.
Looking for feedback!
I found out that I can link a HDR-Vimeo video here on the website and watch this HDR content on a iPhone (X or 11Pro) directly on the page when viewed with Safari. I don’t even have to be in the Vimeo App for that. I did not know that this is possible.
Sadly it doesn’t work on a iPad or MBP that support HDR as well. If the device doesn’t support HDR you will be presented with a down converted SDR version. Please note also that this page needs to be opened directly in Safari on iOS and not from within LinkedIn or Instagram.
The HDR clip is a part of the new article
“1.6.5. Comp before/after view transform (HDR)“.
I am able to see the HDR content:
- on a iPhone 11ProMax (looks best)
- on a iPadPro, but only as a direct file playback from an iCloud folder share
- on a MBP (2018) in the finder with the Quicktime Player X, FCPX/Compressor or Resolve Studio.
- on a MBP with inside the Vimeo APP – but only in the small preview window, as soon I click full screen, the resolution is awful.
- on a Samsung S10, but only when it’s played back directly as a file from a google drive account.
I am not able to see the HDR content:
- in Safari on an iPad Pro.
- in Safari on a MBP thats supports HDR.
- without the latest MacOS Catalina or iOS version.
If you are able to see the HDR video and can give me some feedback, this would be great.